Supporting parents of children with disability during Covid-19. Strategies for families.
About our COVID-Care for Families webinar:
Learning that your child has a disability affects everyone in a family and the families network of friends. The added stress during these unprecedented times of the Covid -19 pandemic can completely take away what parents and carers had planned for in 2020 or 2021 for their child for themselves and for their family.
It’s probably not a surprise that their role as parent/ caregiver has changed even further during this time. Parents and Carers will go through many positive and negative experiences during this time. They
• May feel more burden with everyday responsibility of caring for their child with disability/ delay
• May feel pressure to become an expert and learn everything overnight.
• May worry about their child and family’s future.
• May have difficulty finding balance and time to manage household tasks, other children, daily activities, etc.
• May be less inclined to share feelings.
• May become stressed about the family’s finances and the unknowns of the situation.
• May develop other problems such as stress and anxiety that can affect work life.
• This webinar will present an opportunity to discuss some of the challenges and present some strategies that you may encourage families to adopt as a way of looking after themselves in these uncertain times.
This webinar will be facilitated by Reimagine Australia’s Anna McCracken and will feature expertise and insights from our two panelists, Dr Anoo Bhopti and Lynne Wood.