Join Women’s Aid for the launch our Annual Impact Report 2020 outlining details of contacts with the 24hr National Freephone Helpline, the work of our Dublin Based Face-to-Face support services and the impact of our social change work including training, public awareness campaigns and influencing policy.
The 2020 Report will also feature information on the disclosures of abuse made to and the support provided by Women’s Aid support workers and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our launch webinar will draw on the special spotlight within the report on how the Family Law System is failing abused women and children and our recommendations for change and will feature a number of expert speakers.
The event will be chaired by Ailbhe Smyth.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sarah Benson (CEO, Women's Aid)
- Dr. Adrienne Barnett (Senior Lecturer in Law, Brunel University London)
- Mary-Louise Lynch (Founder, SISI - a collective of women survivors of intimate abuse).
- Dr Niall Muldoon, Ombudsman for Children.
- Hildegarde Naughton, T.D., Minister of State the Department of Justice (Temporary) with special responsibility for Civil and Criminal Justice.
Irish Sign Language Interpreters available.
This event is free of charge.