Summary: A Hazard Map is a visual representation of the workplace where there are hazards that could cause injuries or illness. The Hazard Mapping method draws on what students know from their farming experience. Participants will learn about the Hazard Mapping curriculum and will be given access to all teacher and student materials after completing the webinar.
Intended Audience: Teachers, Extension staff, 4H and FFA leaders, and others who work with young adults.
Objectives: At the conclusion of the program, participants/educators will be able to....
- Examine the hazards in agricultural production
- Identify and locate hazards so that those hazards can be targeted for elimination
- Embrace a participatory process that involves as many students as possible
- Respect the vast array of skill, experience, and know-how that students have about their farm jobs and their dangers
- Collectively and creatively pool our knowledge and prioritize what problems to eliminate.
Thank you to our program sponsor: CHS