Times in Pacific Standard (Los Angeles) Time:
7-9 am**: Comparative pathology of pneumonias in pigs. Joaquim Segales. Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
- Present and discuss the major gross patterns of pneumonia in pigs
- Establishment of the differential diagnostic list of causes of different types of pneumonia
9-9:30 am: Break
9:30-11:30 am: Emerging diseases of pigs. Fabio Vanucci. University of Minnesota.
11:30-12:30 pm: Long break
12:30-2:30 pm: Diseases of the locomotor system. Michael Rahe. Iowa State University
- Recognize and interpret gross and histologic features of most important and impactful diseases of the locomotor system in swine.
- Understand the pathogenesis behind each process.
2:30-3 pm: Break
3-5 pm: Enteric diseases. Eric Burrough. Iowa State University
- Recognize different manifestations of enteric diseases in pigs, correlating with the underlying pathogenesis, and possible overlapping features.
- Feel more confident when analyzing and sampling specimens, as well as properly interpret ancillary test results.
*-This seminar is preapproved by the ACVP Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Committee for 4 credits
-This program has been submitted (but is not yet approved) for 8 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.