All sessions free for SFI Network members; £10 per head for non-members.
This session will introduce the key concepts of child safeguarding and how we, as those working with children, can respond to keep them safe. It is suitable for any member of staff or volunteer who may have contact with children, for those who wish to understand the topic better or who would like to refresh their knowledge.
· Safeguarding children - what it is and why it is everyone’s responsibility;
· The legislation that covers this area;
· The factors that impact on a child’s development;
· Types of abuse and their signs;
· The role of the safeguarding lead;
· How to receive a disclosure; and
· Reporting concerns (including consent and confidentiality).