*** Registration for Session 2 is closed as of July 26, 2021***
This 3-part training series will help you make more sense of the DBT Skills, gain tips for teaching them to your patients, and hear about real-life applications where using the skills can make a meaningful difference.
Session 2 Objectives:
• Improve comfort with teaching skills for identifying and understanding emotions.
• Understand and describe how the flow of skills that is necessary for changing unwanted emotions.
• Improve effectiveness with helping patients improve self-care skills to decrease vulnerability to negative emotions.
• Learn strategies for guiding patients to increase positive emotions by making choices and engaging in behaviors that match with their short and long term goals.
• Teach patients to recognize their own Skills Breakdown Point, as well as how to manage it more effectively.
• Gain Awareness of opportunities for practical application of Emotion Regulation skills.