Veuillez visiter ce lien pour la description de l’évènement en français: https://www.dgc.ca/assets/All-party-town-hall-French.pdf
Join us for a live virtual event featuring individual interviews of political parties, co-organized by the Directors Guild of Canada (DGC), the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA) and l’Association des Réalisateurs et Réalisatrices du Québec (ARRQ).
Members of federal parties will respond to questions in both official languages about their party’s plan and vision for the future of the Canadian screen industry:
• Minister Steven Guilbeault, Candidate for Laurier-Sainte Marie, Liberal Party
• Kevin Waugh, Candidate for Saskatoon-Grasswood, Conservative Party
• Heather McPherson, Candidate for Edmonton-Strathcona, NDP
• Martin Champoux, Candidate for Drummond, Bloc Québécois
• Sandy Crawley, Green Party's shadow cabinet critic for Arts, Culture, and Heritage
Each party representative will have a total of 15 minutes to discuss four different themes:
• Growing the Canadian screen industries… Modernizing Canada’s broadcasting legislative framework in a climate of shrinking domestic production
• Investing in Canadian talent, Canadian voices
• Fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
• Adopting sustainable production practices
English language moderator: Trina McQueen, O.C. is a veteran journalist and broadcasting executive who is well-versed in Canadian culture and policy. Ms. McQueen is currently Co-Director, Arts, Media and Entertainment program at the Schulich School of Business at York University.
French language co-moderator: Patrick White, Director of journalism program, UQAM Media School