To better implement mainstreaming of gender and inclusion in fishery sector and to further discuss and plan how gender lens can further be applied in fishery and marine sector, the ATSEA-2 and GMC Project conducted a webinar.
The objective of webinar are :
• To discuss how gender and social inlusion lens can further be applied in fishery sector to ensure that minorities’ and women’s roles are appreciated and that they are empowered to further participate in the development of sustainable fishery and marine resource management; and
• To present case study on experiences, challenges, and guidance in mainstreaming gender and inclusion in fishery and marine sector.
This webinar will be hosted by Ms. Thea Arcella Bohol, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist for ATSEA2.
Keynote speakers of this webinar are ;
- Ms. Alda Sousa Lemos da Rosa, Senior Staff at National Directorate of Fisheries and Aquaculture and Timor-Leste Focal Point for CTI-CFF Women Leaders’ Forum: Intersectionality of gender, social inclusion, coastal resource management, marine protection, and climate change
- Ms. Yenny Widjaja, Gender and Result Officer at UNDP Indonesia: Experience in mainstreaming gender and inclusion in UNDP programs in Indonesia
In this webinar, there will be opening remark from Ms. Yayan Hikmayani, S.Pi, Indonesia National Project Director of ATSEA-2. And closing remark by Mr. Celestino de Cunha Barreto from MAF Timor Leste.
The webinar also present challenges and opportunities in mainstreaming gender in fishery and coastal management that will be delivered by ;
- Ms. Karen Hildahl, Global Marine Commodities Gender Focal Point and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at UNDP
- Ms. Kusni Setyowati, Director of Kelola Laut Nusantara
- Dr. Dedi Adhuri of Indonesian Science Institute, Coordinator of the Maritime Study Group at the Indonesian Institute of Sciences