We are thrilled to host the expertise of the world leading authority on cryoneurolysis. We will demonstrate how cryoneurotomy is useful in patients with a reducible spastic deformity.
Keynote Dr. Andrea Trescot, interventional Anesthesiologist (pioneering role and leadership in cryoanalgesia & cryoneurolysis.
Dr. Neil Segal, Physiatrist, KUMC (University of Kansas) Expert in office based cryoanalgesic procedures and clinical research in cryoanalgesia,
Dr. Paul Winston, Physiatrist,
Dr. Daniel Vincent (Interventional Anesthesiologist, will present on their ground-breaking novel work on cryoneurotomy for spasticity).
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Introduce Cyroneurolysis and cryoanalgesia.
• Show examples of indications for cryoneurolysis.
• Advocate of medication free anagelsia.
• Demonstrate the efficacy of cryoneurotomy in pain, spasticity, neuroma, arthritis and peripheral nerve pain.
• Know the existing evidence regarding cryoneurolysis for lower limb nerve and joint pain
• Recognize a reducible spastic deformity
Target audience: Anesthesiologists, Physiatrists, Neurologists, Pain Physicians, Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurosurgeons, Physiotherapists, Medical Students, Residents.
CanMEDS Roles: Medical Expert, Communicator, Collaborator, Health Advocate, Scholar
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Canadian Association of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. You may claim a maximum of 3.0 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Declaration of Conflict of Interest:
Dr. Neil Segal receives funding from Pacira CryoHealth for clinical trials