With this presentation, attendees will receive many examples of how to route a board with most all the concerns of todays 5G performance challenges. Dense HS-Digital and RF concerns, Signal Integrity improvements, Shielding and Isolation to reduce Emissions
Attendees will receive understanding of basic EM Theory with a strong emphasis placed on routing application. This starts with data capture, rules definition, tool automation, covers routing perspectives from the start of the layout cycle, all the way to the review and verification stages, into generation of deliverables for manufacturing. Emphasis is on the role that EM fields play to manage your circuit to be: cost-effective, perform well electrically and be a reliable high-yield product. We will touch on all types of circuit technologies in many market segments.
Focus is on integration between design and manufacturing early in the development cycle, to build a product that is correct-by-construction and performs on Revision-1.
We will cover a wide range of topics, including:
• High Speed material selection for Rigid and Flex
• Rationale for considering HDI - knowing when this technology should be utilized
• Placement, Routing Techniques, Power Delivery, EMI Shielding
• Technological challenges from design through manufacturing process
Students will learn what it takes to successfully implement these concerns:
• Complex Solvability
• High-speed, RF and Thermal Performance
• High Yield and Reliable Manufacturability