The Circle City Chapter and Indianapolis Chapter of the Links Incorporated will work together to provide an educational event to raise awareness around Human Trafficking. A panel discussion with subject matter experts and influencers will provide information and resources which will assist in creating a paradigm shift in thoughts about commercial sexual exploitation and choice. We seek to make connections between our over sexualized culture and media which will lead making all youth vulnerable to this growing criminal enterprise.
Our panelist will include an African American female survivor, the Director of the Indiana Protection for Abused and Trafficked Humans Task Force, Retired U.S. Homeland Security Agent, the Program Director for the Indiana Trafficking Victim Assistance Program moderated by Terri Cope-Walton, News Director for WRTV. The panel will be held on March 22,2021 via zoom and will consist of 60 minutes of content and 30 minutes for question and answers. Educational materials and resources will be shared with all attendees at the end of the discussion.
A taped interview by Link Terri with our guest survivor will be televised on RTV6 several days before the town hall to encourage attendance on March 22. RTV6 is broadcast the live virtual town hall on their Facebook page as well.
1. Generate awareness of Human Trafficking with changes in comprehension, attitudes and behaviors
2. Teach attendees the warning signs and indicators of trafficking
3. Learn practical steps to keep your loved ones and neighbors safe from predators
4. Understand Safe Harbor Laws which assist and protect minor victims of sex trafficking
5. Identify local resources and organizations designed to support survivors