COVID-19 Testing and Vaccinations in Construction – What Contractors Need to Know.
Although COVID-19 and its variants are still spreading, the vaccine is finally here. Contractors must now confront the following issues related to mandatory testing and vaccines:
• May a contractor (as an employer) require its employees to be tested for COVID-19?
• What happens if an employee refuses to be tested?
• May a contractor (as an employer) mandate that its employees be vaccinated?
• What happens if an employee refuses to get vaccinated?
• Can an owner or workplace mandate testing and vaccinations for employees and what are the risks associated?
• Are there cases where an employee can decline to be tested or vaccinated?
• What are the rules where employees are represented by a union?
• What should appear in your contracts for your subcontractors?
Join attorney’s Glen Doherty and Kinsey O’Brien of Hodgson Russ and Tony Adams of Adams LeClair as they discuss these topics and many more.