Patricia Eyres, Managing Partner of Eyres Law Group LLP, will be doing this 2 hour presentation covering the substantial updates to the CFRA for 2021. Changes are substantial and include:
- Leave to care for more family members, such as grandparents, grandchildren and siblings, in addition to parents, children, spouses and registered domestic partners.
- Key employees who are currently exempt under certain circumstances.
- 12 weeks of baby-bonding leave for both parents, even if they work for the same employer. Currently, parents have to split the leave time.
- Leave for certain qualifying reasons related to the active military duty of an employee's spouse, domestic partner, child or parents
- Managing CFRA leave with FMLA leave
- All employers—large and small—will need to ensure that their employment policies and notices to employees are updated to include and address the new qualifying reasons for time off.
Please take this opportunity to learn about these changes from an Attorney who specializes in HR practices for California's Public Entities. Have your questions ready!
This webinar will open for joining at 8:50AM, and will start at 9:00AM on January 6th, 2021.