Join Dave Salisbury from Dolphin and discover how you can support your clients to keep in touch with loved ones using accessible video calling in GuideConnect.
Accessible video calling is a great way for clients who are blind or partially sighted to stay in touch with the ones they love when they can't be there in person. It’s a wonderful way to connect and also helps family and friends know that your service users are keeping well and are safe and happy at home.
Mainstream video calling services like Skype, Zoom and Microsoft Teams can be difficult to use with assistive technology. The new Dolphin video calling service is fully accessible and easy to master.
During this 30-minute webinar, you will learn how your clients can use GuideConnect to:
- Set-up a camera and microphone for video calling
- Add friends and family to their address book
- Check if friends and family are online before they make a video call
- Make and receive video calls using simple step-by-step menus
- Use the accessible in-call options to switch the camera and microphone on or off
- Check their call history, including any missed calls
- Stay in control with who can make video calls to them
This webinar also introduces the Dolphin Video Calling Service for friends and family. This free service is accessed through the Dolphin website. It allows friends and family to make accessible video calls to GuideConnect users from their own smartphone, tablet or computer.