The Simcoe County District School Board in partnership with Pine River Institute's Centre for Family Initiatives will be hosting 5 webinars.
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Parenting for Positive Mental Health, Part 1
- Understanding your child’s behaviours and development so that parents can respond with intention to promote mental wellness and growth.
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Parenting for Positive Mental Health, Part 2
- Attunement, connection, and setting limits. Understanding your parenting style and the challenges parents face when their children push back.
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Understanding and Managing Screen Time
- Are they addicted? Why is it so hard for kids to put down devices? What do parents/guardians need to know about the digital world and how it affects their child’s development. Positive strategies to build connection with your kids through tech.
Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Connection and Empathy in Response to Behaviour
- What can our child’s behaviour tell us about their developmental needs? How can we respond in a way that builds our relationship and create safety for them, rather than create conflict? Exploring the needs of children through the lifespan and recognizing why we sometimes struggle to connect.
Thursday, May 19, 2022
Understanding Addiction and Addictive Behaviours
- Looking at why kids can get stuck and how addictive behaviours may develop. Seeing the “function” behind the addiction, and how parents/guardians can support recovery without shame and guilt.
To register, please select the dates you would like to attend. Each webinar will start at 7:00 p.m.