Session Objectives: To provide a practical approach to helping children understand and master working with fractions.
• To develop delegates personal understanding of fractions.
• To appreciate the complexities inherently found in the teaching of fractions in UKS2, including rich links to other mathematical domains such as Number and Division.
• To understand the importance of teaching the 12 strands of the fractions curriculum practically, where possible, to ensure children can reason and develop deep understanding.
• To explore the effective teaching of Decimals, Fractions and Percentages and strategies for helping children to calculate confidently with fractions.
• To demonstrate further creative, visual, tactile and engaging activities that help children understand, have fun with, manipulate and calculate with fractions.