Please join an UsAgainstAlzheimer's Brain Health Partnership meeting on January 27 to discuss the recent and tremendous victory realized by the Alzheimer's community--making the prevention of Alzheimer's and related dementia a national priority.
Secretary Xavier Becerra added a sixth goal to the National Alzheimer's Plan: Accelerate Action to Promote Healthy Aging and Reduce Risk Factors for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (ADRD). The goal identifies clear strategies in research, public health and clinical practice to achieve this goal.
During this meeting we will discuss the goal and how the community can work together to make the goal successful in reducing the prevalence of Alzheimer's risk factors by 15% in a decade.
Confirmed participants, listed alphabetically:
- Nancy Brown, Chief Executive Officer, American Heart Association
- Jo Ann Jenkins, Chief Executive Officer, AARP
- Representative Darin LaHood (R-IL-18)
- Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
- Senator Tina Smith (D-MN)
- George Vradenburg, Chair & Co-Founder, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s