Food Trade Standards – The Implications for Healthy and Sustainable Foods.
Live on Thursday 29th Oct 2020 @ 15:00hrs GMT
Three key industry professionals have come together to create a unique Group called, Healthy and Sustainable Food. This is to constantly examine what would be the results if people from different sectors were to collaborate on solutions to produce healthy, sustainable food ongoing. The Founders are:
• Barbara Bray MBE – Director – ALO Solutions
• Mark Driscoll – Director – Tasting The Future
• Jacqui Green – Director Viridis Associates
Their aim is to improve nutritional quality of food and availability for all socio-economic groups in the UK. They will do this by bringing individuals from different sectors together for projects on sustainable nutrition. With 3 core principles;
• Multidisciplinary working
• The need to have actors from different disciplines sharing best practice across
• Embedding the UN Sustainable development Goals (SDGs) in the work that they do
The disciplines that they engage with include: Agriculture, Health, Pharma, Finance ,Food Industry and Education.
Beanstalk Global is proud to host the first of a set of monthly Broadcasts for Healthy and Sustainable Food.
For our October Broadcast we are collectively discussing the very important and highly topical/controversial subject of Food Trade Standards -The Implications for Healthy and Sustainable Foods.
“How can trade deals support healthy and sustainable food goals? What can be done by Food organisations/businesses to protect standards post Brexit?”
As well as the three founders of the Group we will also have on:
• Professor Michael Cardwell – Professor of Agricultural Law at Leeds University
• Mike Hanson – Sustainability Director of Baxter Storey
• Barbara Crowther – Campaign Coordinator – Children’s Food Campaign Sustain.
Register for free for the Broadcast on Thursday 29th Oct 2020 @ 15:00hrs GMT via this website.
Join Us. Be informed. Grow.