Employers’ and employees’ rights and obligations continue to evolve under federal, state, and local law, both via new legislation and court decisions. This seminar will cover the most important and impactful employment legislation and decisions over the last year, and will provide the attendee with understanding and compliance best practices. The following topics, among others, will be covered:
• Federal legislation included in the most recent omnibus spending bill, including the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA) and the Providing Urgent Maternal Protections for Nursing Mothers Act (PUMP for Nursing Mothers Act);
• The federal Speak Out Act, enacted on December 7, 2022, which regulates confidentiality and non-disparagement clauses regarding sexual assault or sexual harassment;
• The proposed FTC rule regarding restrictive covenant agreements;
• Nebraska’s minimum wage referendum and application moving forward; and
• National employment trends that may impact multi-state employers or find their way into Nebraska, including pay transparency laws and stricter rules for restrictive covenants.