Duration: 1 hour
• The Hon Luke Howarth, MP, Assistant Minister for Youth and Employment Services
• Ms Tiffany Blight, Executive Director, National Careers Institute
• Ms Dianne Dayhew, CEO National Apprentice Employment Network
• Mr Ben Bardon, CEO National Australian Apprenticeships Association
• Mr Grant Dreher, CEO TasTAFE
TAFETalks: Apprenticeships Part 2: Supporting Students to Complete is the second part of a two-part series on apprenticeships. This second session will focus on apprenticeships as a career and what support is needed for students to successfully complete an apprenticeship.
The Hon Luke Howarth, MP, Assistant Minister for Youth and Employment services will open the webinar and set the scene for the discussion including how we can can meet the needs of Australian youth through better support for apprentices.
Tiffany Blight from the National Careers Institute, Dianne Dayhew from the National Apprentice Employment Network and Ben Bardon from the National Australian Apprenticeships Association will discuss their strategies for supporting students to improve apprenticeship completions. Grant Dreher, CEO at TasTAFE will share his insights on what is working well in Tasmania in the apprenticeship space.