In the second of our 3 part Summer Back To Basics series, we explore the world of standard setting organizations and patent pools: Why are they so important? What does a world without them look like? And regardless of the industry you are in, why you need to be paying a little more attention to them.
In this webinar you’ll learn:
• How are Technical Standards administered: The role of the Standard Setting Organizations (SSOs)
• How do SSOs handle standard essential patents? A look at different SSO’s IP policies and bylaws.
• What is a patent pool? And why are pools typically formed around standards?
• How does the licensing around SEPs work?
• What are Technical Standards - how are standards developed within SSOs?
• New, emerging Technical Standards and Trends
• The future: What you need to know now!