On 26 November 2020, the Dialogue Society will host the Academic Workshop titled "Rethinking Dialogue in the Age of New Challenges and Opportunities"
In this workshop, we have 13 papers in four sessions critically addressing the following themes related to the concept of dialogue in the age of new challenges and opportunities. These are:
• In the face of the rise of populist rhetoric around the world, how can dialogue be used to address the negative outcomes of populism?
• How can dialogue be utilised to deflate tensions in non-conflict situations?
• In the case of new dialogue spaces, in what ways can dialogue be beneficial and instrumental for various means, for instance, when we consider online communications tools, such as social media platforms?
• What are the challenges of doing dialogue in new spaces, e.g. on online/virtual platforms communication channels?
• What are the fresh challenges brought about by the current pandemic, Covid-19, which has driven people to online platforms?
• SESSION 1: Citizens and Institutions in a Dialogical Setting - 09:30-11:00
• SESSION 2: Dialogue: New Opportunities and Challenges during the COVID-19 Pandemic - 11:15-12:45
• SESSION 3: Learning in and Through Creativity and Critical Engagement - 13:45-15:30
• SESSION 4: Dialogue in the Age of Populism - 15:45-17:30
For more information about the submitted papers, please visit our website:
We hope these papers will help to provide new and useful insights for rethinking dialogue amid the explosion of new technologies that create spaces for discussion and debate and ensuing challenges.
You can particupate in Zoom and join in the discussion with your comments and questions.
We are looking forward to seeing you online.