The Permanent Mission of Slovenia to the UN and the International Research Centre on Artificial Intelligence under the auspices of UNESCO (IRCAI), together with UNESCO, are organizing a side event at the United Nations High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) focused on showcasing a new framework for evaluating artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives to tackle sustainable development goals (SDGs).
• Ambassador Boštjan Malovrh, Permanent Representative of Slovenia to the UN
• Tawfik Jelassi, Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information, UNESCO
• Matjaž Krajnc, Secretary at Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia
• Samuel Žbogar, State Secretary at Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia
• John Shawe-Taylor, Director IRCAI
• Vian Sharif, NatureAlpha founder (Outstanding category of the Global 2021 call)
• Prateek Sibal, Programme Specialist, Digital Innovation and Transformation Communication and Information Sector, UNESCO
• Tommaso Balbo di Vinadio, framework author, Professor of "Innovation in Public Sector" and "Digital transformation and innovation management"
• Massimo Preziuso, Chair of Business and Impact Council IRCAI
• Davor Orlic, Chief Operations Officer, IRCAI
The event will present the new framework and announce the new Call for 100 proposals 2022 via its new Network of Centers of Excellence (NAIXUS), launched in May 2022 which is expected to mobilize researchers to collaborate on key AI methods and Sustainable Development domain topics, to reach critical mass on these topics and to increase the impact of the results in progressing faster in joined efforts rather than working in isolation, with fragmented and duplicated efforts.
• More about IRCAI Top 100 list https://ircai.org/global-top-100/results/
• More about IRCAI AI Award https://ircai.org/ircai-ai-award-2021/
• More on the Network https://ircai.org/naixus