The EU GCC Clean Energy Technology Network and the UN Regional Commission of Western Asia (ESCWA) in association with and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) are organising a one-day webinar entitled “The WEF Nexus Approach for Rural Development: the role of small-scale renewable energy technologies and gender empowerment”.
The webinar will achieve the following objectives:
- Discuss RE potential in the Arab region.
- Introduce small-scale RE technologies suitable for rural areas of the Arab region.
- Assess small-scale RE technologies and their suitability to be matched with income-generating nexus activities for rural development.
- Present the economic, social, and environmental benefits of small-scale RE technologies.
- Highlight the importance of capacity building and awareness-raising channels on the deployment of small-scale RE technologies.
- Present REGEND’s pilot projects from a WEF nexus approach.