Alberta’s expertise in CO2 capture, transport and storage, and in oil & gas, make it well positioned to accelerate the deployment of carbon capture and storage (CCS) projects. The province continues to build momentum for the technology, recently achieving several capture milestones. Moreover, CCS policy continues to evolve and the potential opportunities for new projects in Alberta are attracting increasing interest from the business community.
During this webinar, attendees will learn from policymakers and business leaders about the positive conditions for developing CCS projects in Alberta. Speakers will discuss their role in the deployment of the technology including lessons learned, relevant policies, and future planning and possibilities.
• Cory Channon, International Director of Climate Change Policy Solutions, International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
• Drew Leyburne, Assistant Deputy Minister for Energy Technology, Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Government of Canada
• Justin Wheler, Executive Director Climate Implementation and Compliance, Alberta Environment and Parks, Government of Alberta
• Jeff Pearson, President – Wolf Carbon Business Unit, Wolf Midstream
• Stephen Velthuizen, Corporate Relations - Downstream Lead, Shell Canada
• Iain Macdonald, Principal Carbon Relations Advisor – Oil & Gas Climate Initiative, Shell
• Candice Paton, M.Sc., P.Eng., Director, Regulatory Affairs & External Regulations, Enhance Energy
• Brett Henkel, VP Strategic Accounts, Svante
• Joy Romero, VP Technology & Innovation, Canadian Natural
• More Speakers To Be Announced