The Fair Housing Center of West Michigan is offering a FREE training on fair housing rights for older adults and those serving older adults in Muskegon County. The training is on Thursday, August 26, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and will be online via Zoom.
Participants must be advocates for seniors in Muskegon County.
- an overview of the fair housing rights of older adults (and others),
- in-depth look at fair housing case management and advocacy,
- how to recognize and report housing discrimination experienced by seniors,
- the options that clients have to pursue or maintain their fair housing choice, and
- how the FHCWM can help older adults, social service providers, advocates, family members and beyond!
Attendees will also learn more about the broad implications of housing discrimination for Muskegon County. The training is offered free of charge through the Muskegon County Senior Millage.
NOTE: Advanced registration is required. Registrants will receive a Zoom link and instructions to join once their registration is approved.
This training may appeal to outreach workers, social service agencies, seniors, civil rights/disability rights advocates, those serving seniors or people with disabilities, and others interested in aging in place.
If you have questions or need assistance registering, please email Brianna Miranda at email@example.com.