What is planned?
In this online talk, Jonathan Armstrong will join us live from the UK. He will look at the response to the pandemic and particularly the impact on the work of compliance and ethics professionals. He will cover some of the following issues:
- GDPR, Data Protection and Privacy (including the challenges of health checks and data on employee wellbeing)
- The increase in bribery and corruption cases
- Information security risks (including the increased risk with working from home and hybrid working)
- The rise in ransomware (with a focus on some high profile recent cases including the Blackbaud breach and its effects on the education and not-for-profit sectors worldwide)
- The need to manage new third party risks
- The impact on modern slavery and supply chain issues
Jonathan will also look at the recent Schrems decision on data transfer and what that might mean to US based businesses when they deal with the EU.
- Jonathan P. Armstrong, Partner, Cordery (UK)