webinar register page

Webinar banner
BirdLife Australia’s Woodland Birds Program Overview
Within the framework of BirdLife Australia, there are a number of different programs that are each focussed on the conservation and protection of a particular bird assemblage. The focus of this talk is the Woodland Birds Program, one of BirdLife’s longest-running programs. Much of the Woodland Bird Program is coordinated and implemented in accordance with the Temperate Woodland Birds Conservation Action Plan (‘TWB CAP’). Developed over many years with consultation with external specialists and practitioners (including the NPA), the TWB CAP has identified 10 core management interventions that are considered necessary to conserve and restore populations of a range of threatened and declining woodland-specialist bird taxa. The talk will focus on the NSW component of the Woodland Bird Program, where up to 90% of temperate woodlands have been lost, with the majority of the remaining 10% being highly fragmented and as a result, of little use to obligate woodland birds. Hear how BirdLife Australia is attempting to reverse the declines of one of our most iconic bird groups.

About the presenter:
Candice Larkin joined BirdLife in 2021 after taking a break from academic research to pursue a more active role in conservation science. Candice has worked for the government as an independent contractor, as well as a zoologist and pest control officer in the private sector. In her position as NSW Woodland Bird Project Officer, Candice works predominantly on the recovery of threatened woodland birds, but is dabbling in the world of migratory shorebirds and Australasian Bitterns as well. Candice continues to work with a variety of stakeholders to test and improve monitoring methods for rare and cryptic species. Candice found her passion for birds from her time working in southern Africa. The plight of vultures, and indeed all raptors worldwide, spurred her into a career in bird conservation. Now she mostly focuses on Regent Honeyeaters (unless there are Barking Owls nearby!).

Jun 29, 2022 06:00 PM in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

Webinar logo
Webinar is over, you cannot register now. If you have any questions, please contact Webinar host: .