DS2 is a SAS-proprietary programming language available in Base SAS. It is designed for parallel processing using an intriguing combination of SQL and traditional DATA step syntax. In this overview, you will learn:
• Basic DS2 programming syntax
• Similarities and differences from traditional DATA step programming.
• Thumb rules for choosing DS2 or DATA step
• How to access and manipulate the database table data at full precision using ANSI data types like DECIMAL, BIGINT, and VARCHAR.
• How to convert DATA step programs into DS2 threads to enable parallel processing.