The Level 2 Title IX Initial Decision-Maker Training builds on the information presented in the Level 1 Basic Training with information of specific relevance to the Title IX initial decision-maker, including:
• Preparing for the written cross-examination process
• Lessons learned during the 2020-2021 school year from written cross-examination, including issues of relevance
• Questions and limitations on evidence (evidence about a complainant’s sexual predispositions and history, medical record information, privileged information)
• How to serve impartially, including by avoiding prejudgment, conflicts of interest, and bias, and
• Hypothetical examples and writing exercises regarding writing the written determination.
• Required bases for the complainant and respondent to appeal under the Title IX rules
• Procedures governing appeals under Title IX, including practical tips on how to ensure equal opportunity to submit written statements
• Hypothetical examples regarding procedural irregularities, new evidence, and bias/conflict of interest appeal bases
• Writing exercises regarding writing the written decision on appeal, including descriptions of rationale, and
• How to serve impartially, including by avoiding prejudgment, conflicts of interest, and bias.
Cost: $225. If your district plans to train multiple people, each person should sign up individually. If your district has a group of more than 5 people for this training or you would like to sign up for multiple trainings, discounts are available. Please contact TitleIX@Franczek.com for details. For existing clients, the charge will be added to your next invoice. For new contacts, we will reach out to arrange to send you an invoice.