Join us for daily stimulating exchanges, discussions, and ideas on and around Forest Governance in this critical decade for action on climate, nature and development:
• FLEGT-VPAs, REDD+ and the other initiatives seeking to improve forest conservation, management and restoration, reduction of deforestation, combat forest degradation and illegal logging
• Forest monitoring improving transparency, accountability, and biodiversity
• Forest governance impacting livelihoods
• First hand experiences in forest governance from civil society organisations
• Regional and international approaches for forest governance, conservation of biodiversity and fighting climate change
This Asia-Pacific Forest Governance Forum (FGF) is being held as part of the ‘Strengthening non-state actor involvement in forest governance project’ in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Papua New Guinea. The project is funded by the European Union and led by BirdLife International with project partners Burung Indonesia, MNS, Haribon Foundation, TCA, UPNG and CIDT. The FGF is coordinated by CIDT and modelled on the Chatham House bi-annual Global Forum on Forest Governance formerly known as the Illegal Logging Update meetings. Find out more about the project: www.birdlife.org/forest-governance.
CHOOSE YOUR SESSIONS: Sessions start at 08:00 (UTC) / 15:00 (PHST) / 17:00 (PGT)
• 27th September: High-level panel on forest governance. Regional and global approaches for improving forest governance, biodiversity conservation and climate change.
• 28th September: Exploring how transparency and accountability drive effective forest governance
• 29th September: Public, private or both? The role of non-state actors in forest governance.
• 30th September: Making a difference for the coming decade – Sustaining change and maintaining the momentum.