After attending this program, participants will be able to:
• Identify strategies to individualize the feeding of human milk to high risk newborns including the use of the FDA approved human milk analyzer.
• List elements of the ideal discharge plan for high-risk newborns.
• Discuss the clinical utilization of probiotics in the NICU, including safety concerns and implementation strategies.
• Describe neuroprotective measures to facilitate optimal neurodevelopment for both preterm and term infants.
• Describe how evidence-based skin care practices can protect the newborn's skin microbiome.
RN CE credit: 6.5
RD CPEU credit: 6.5