In the lead up to the next Federal election, community broadcasters are in a fantastic position to act as a conduit between politicians and our communities.
Many community radio stations engage politically – strengthening communities by ensuring they get access to the information they need to help them make informed decisions.
If you are an interviewer, producer, or content maker, it’s important to ask politicians diverse questions – including the tough ones.
In this webinar you will:
• Learn how to undertake critical engagement interviews with politicians
• Build awareness of the current political climate in Canberra
• Learn what the sector’s major campaign ask is for the election and how to work it into your interviews
Who is this webinar for?
• Anyone working in community radio that engages with politicians – whether you are an interviewer, producer, current affairs reporter, news journalist or Program Director.
• Station Managers or people looking to increase their station’s political engagement
• Holly Friedlander Liddicoat - CBAA Head of Advocacy and Communications
• Amanda Copp - Political Reporter, National Radio News – Canberra - Community Radio Network
• Sharon Davis - Journalist & Audio Producer
While you're able to ask questions of our hosts in real time as part of our webinars, we're encouraging attendees to get in early with anything they'd like addressed as part of the session.
Send your questions to: email@example.com
CBAA Webinar - supported by the CMTO