Learn how to do the most good with your charitable donations, hear the latest updates from charity evaluators and expert grantmakers, and participate in a Q&A with experts in effective giving.
In this event we’ll cover:
- Why giving effectively matters
- How you can choose high impact causes and charities to support
- Updates from charity evaluators and grantmaking organisations
- Innovations in effective charitable giving
- Practical giving advice including tax deductibility for different countries and causes
- Being a part of a giving community
You will have the opportunity to ask questions in a Q&A with a panel of experts in the field of effective giving, including:
Andrew Player (Senior Operations Lead, Charity Entrepreneurship)
Andrew is the Senior Operations Lead at Charity Entrepreneurship. Before joining Charity Entrepreneurship, Andrew worked in humanitarian protection for the International Committee of the Red Cross in Myanmar, and in logistics for Médecins Sans Frontières in South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Luke Freeman (Executive Director, Giving What We Can)
Luke Freeman is the Executive Director of Giving What We Can. He is also an active volunteer with various social impact focused projects (EAGxAustralia, Effective Altruism Australia, EA Sydney, Global Shapers Community).
This event is great for both newcomers to effective giving and those who’ve already made effective giving a meaningful part of their lives.