This LIVE virtual field trip will connect 6th-12th grade students with Ohio soybean farmer Scott Metzger for a ride-along in his combine during soybean harvest.
• Get a live tour of an Ohio soybean farm during harvest
• See the latest technology as you ride along on a combine
• Hear how engineering design improves equipment
• Discover the wide variety of uses for soybeans in our everyday lives
• Learn what happens to soybeans after they leave the field
• Learn about trade/distribution and the impact of soybeans locally and across the globe
• Find out how farm ecosystems work, including how soil health, weather/water cycles, and inputs contribute to yields
• Find out about the variety of careers available for STEM students in agriculture
• and more!
Trip length: 45 minutes
TEACHERS: Upon registering, you'll receive a link valid for ONE DEVICE ONLY to connect to Zoom for this event, intended for a teacher to display the trip for students in a classroom. Other teachers wishing to connect from separate devices should register separately to receive their own link to join.
This trip will also be live streamed via YouTube, with the link to the live stream being provided in the confirmation and reminder emails you'll receive after registering.