Starts at 6pm EST, Sunday, January 16th - the eve of Martin Luther King Day
Livestreamed and in-person gathering the day before the January 17th action to deliver petitions to the President, the DOJ, Congress and the Supreme Court.
Pray, Learn, Be Inspired, and Build Community!
Physical Location: Lutheran Church of the Reformation in Washington, DC, just around the corner from the United States Supreme Court. (*masks/vaccination required for in-person participation)
Speakers include: (listed Alphabetically. Some will participate by remote video)
Professional Musicians - "Common Hymnal"
* Kwame Ajamu - Exonerated Death Row Survivor, Chairman, Witness to Innocence
* Rev. Leroy Barber - The Voices Project
* The Right Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde - Bishop of Washington, DC (invited)
* Shane Claiborne - Red Letter Christians
* US Senator Richard Durbin - Prime Senate Sponsor of Federal Death Penalty Prohibition Act
* Charles Keith - Death Penalty Action Impacted Communities Liaison: Murder Victim Family Member / Brother of wrongly convicted prisoner
* Antoinette Jones - Sister of innocent former death row prisoner Julius Jones
* Cece Jones-Davis - Julius Jones Coalition
* Rev. Lisa Sharon Harper - Freedom Road
* Rev. Michael McBride - Live Free USA
* Rev. Doug Pagitt - Vote Common Good
* Sr. Helen Prejean, CSJ
* US Rep. Ayanna Pressley - Prime House Sponsor of Federal Death Penalty Prohibition Act
* Rev. Sharon Risher - Murder victim family member (killer is on federal death row)
* Rev. Rob Schenck - Dietrich Bonhoeffer Institute
* Rev. Brandi Slaughter - Death Penalty Action
* Emma Tacke - Catholic Mobilizing Network
* Adam Taylor - Sojourners
* John Zokovitch - Pax Christi USA
* US Senator Chris Van Hollen, Co-sponsor of Federal Death Penalty Prohibition Act
* Cantor Mike Zoosman - T'Ruah & L'Chaim: Jews Against the Death Penalty
* Other Members of Congress are invited and we can't list them until they confirm.