Welcome to the sign up page for DOH Respirator Fit Test Training for Long Term Care. We look forward to seeing you on a future training session. Before signing up for a webinar, please read the information below:
IMPORTANT: Each attendee must register on their own and join the webinar on their own device. Attendance and participation is required to schedule the Hands-on Fit Test Training session.
Attendees must review materials in advance and prepare questions prior to both the virtual and hands-on training sessions. The virtual training is an opportunity to get answers to your questions about fit testing in your facility prior to receiving hands-on training. We have a limited time to cover a lot of information.
The materials to review are outlined in detail on our website at www.doh.wa.gov/ltcrpp
1. Be familiar with your facility's written respiratory protection program (includes medical evaluation, respirator training, fit testing, recordkeeping, and maintaining respirator supply). If you need help to develop a respiratory protection program for your facility, contact us at HAI-FitTest@doh.wa.gov prior to signing up for training.
2. Be familiar with your facility's fit test kit
3. Read and understand the Safety Standard for Respirators -[WAC: Chapter 296-842] https://lni.wa.gov/safety-health/safety-rules/chapter-pdfs/WAC296-842.pdf
Especially these sections:
- Conducting fit testing -WAC 296-842-15005
- Prevent sealing problems with tight-fitting respirators-WAC 296-842-18010
- Make sure employees leave the use area before removing respirators - WAC 296-842-18010
- Medical evaluations -WAC 296-842-2205
- Fit-testing procedures for tight-fitting respirators - WAC 296-842-22010
- Seal checking respirators - WAC 296-842-2202
4. Complete your medical evaluation and facility's employee respirator training
5. Watch the fit test training videos on our website (www.doh.wa.gov/ltcrpp)
6. Be familiar with donning and doffing all respirators in your facility