The movement to divest from fossil fuels, and invest in climate solutions, has reached new heights in the fight for meaningful, ambitious climate action.
In the lead up to COP26, join a coalition of global organizations to announce a historic slate of groundbreaking divest/invest commitments, unveil a new “state of the movement” report, including an update of assets under management committed to divestment, and celebrate major victories.
High-profile speakers will unveil a suite of new announcements. Movement leaders working on divest/invest and climate finance will issue calls for enhanced investments in just climate solutions and further action to shift money away from coal, oil and gas.
• Mayor Eduardo Paes, Rio De Janeiro
• Fr. Joshtrom Isaac Kureethadam, The Vatican
• Tara Houska, Couchiching First Nation, Tribal Attorney & Founder of Giniw Collective
• Reverend Yearwood, President & CEO, HipHop Caucus
• Tom Sanzillo, Director Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis
• Stephen Trew, Church of Ireland
• Emily Phan, University of New Mexico LEAF
• Aden Singh, Student Activist, College Climate Coalition Coordinator
• Thomas Lopez, Future Coalition
• Tomás Insua, Executive Director, Laudato Si’ Movement
• Mark Watts, Executive Director, C40 Cities
• Ellen Dorsey, Executive Director Wallace Global Fund
• Richard Brooks, Climate Finance Director, Stand.earth
We will be making some of the biggest announcements of new divestment commitments around the world at this event you don't want to miss it!
Supporting organizations currently include: Stand.earth, C40, Laudato Si Movement, GreenFaith, Operation Noah, World Council of Churches, IEEFA, DivestInvest, 350.org, Fossil Free Media, Sunrise Project, Future Coalition, DivestEd, Stop The Money Pipeline, Wallace Global Fund, Climate Defense Project, As You Sow, Market Forces, Just Share, Climate Change Collaboration/Sainsbury, Both Ends, People and Planet, RAN, GreenFaith