All sessions free for SFI Network members; £10 per head for non-members.
This event will introduce the key principles of adult safeguarding and the considerations that inform the way in which we might respond to concerns. It is suitable for any member of staff or volunteer who may have contact with adults, for those who wish to understand the topic better or who would like to refresh their knowledge. At the end of the session, there will be a Q&A opportunity.
· An introduction to adult safeguarding and the 6 safeguarding principles;
· Who is an ‘adult with care and support needs’;
· The types of abuse and their signs;
· The role of the safeguarding lead;
· Reporting concerns (including consent and confidentiality).