A conversation with the African Union and Food Sovereignty Activists from all sub-regions of Africa.
AFSA Chair Chris Macoloo will interview six key speakers from AU and across Africa - asking tough questions:
- What guidance is the African Union giving to member states, and to what extent is it working?
- Where are African people getting their food? How are the markets systems coping?
- What is the situation of women and young people?
- What is the impact on pastoralists and their livestock?
- What is the situation north of the Sahara?
- Where do we see the role of the industrial food system in the COVID crisis?
- What are the implications for food sovereignty?
- What is happening to support the transition to agroecology?
The 90 min event will be interpreted in English, French and Portuguese.