Welcome, SC disability advocates and allies!
We are using "Hearts of Glass" to talk about employment and community inclusion. Join us for a discussion with the filmmaker, characters from the film, and local panelists.
• Jennifer Tennican, Director and Producer of “Hearts of Glass"
• Robin VanHouten, Senior Grower, Vertical Harvest
• Mycah Miller, Packaging and Market Associate, Vertical Harvest
• Elise Hardin, Director of Day Programs, Thrive Upstate
• Geraldine Wolfe, Thrive Upstate consumer
• Jason Tavenner, President, SC Human Services Provider Association
About the Film and Streaming Access
"Hearts of Glass" shows the journey of a new business, Vertical Harvest (VH). VH is a state-of-the-art greenhouse in Jackson, Wyoming. VH provides meaningful employment for people with disabilities. The film describes how VH began. It shares the stories of employees with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Plants and people grow as one while supporting inclusion for people with disabilities.
Stream the film between February 18-25 at https://watch.showandtell.film/watch/sc-hearts-of-glass *
We recommend you watch the film before joining our panel discussion on February 23. If you don’t have time, please join us and watch the film after.
*The film’s audio includes audio description. You can select closed captioning in English or Spanish.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.