The COVID-19 crisis has launched us into a new era of telehealth, with very little warning.
The MBS reforms that came into effect on October 1st mark the next stage of telehealth’s accelerated progress. The bulk billing restriction for GPs has now been removed, which is an important new pricing signal. But GPs are only using video 3% of the time whilst specialists and Allied health are at 20% and above. The government is giving strong consideration to differential pricing next – that is, video will be incentivised via a higher payment to phone. If that happens how can you be prepared? This webinar will examine:
• Why is GP usage so low?
• What will likely happen if differential pricing occurs?
• When video is better and why, for you patient and you
• What the natural balance between video and phone telehealth should be
• What barriers exist in moving to a better balance
• The major systems in play, and how you can get started
• A path to moving your practice to a better balance between video and phone and preparing for the future
We also look forward to hearing your questions and comments in the live Q&A section of the webinar.
• Associate Professor Charlotte Hespe, GP, Head of GP (and Primary care research) UNDA (Sydney) and Chair NSW/ACT RACGP.
• Dr Amandeep Hansra, GP, Founder of Evermed Consulting, Founder of Creative Careers in Medicine and Digital Health Expert.
• Dr Andrew Baird, GP, Digital Health Advocate and Tutor for Medical Students in Professional Practice at the University of Melbourne.
• Leanne Wells, CEO of the Consumers Health Forum of Australia.
• Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, CEO and Co-founder Coviu, Author and Telehealth Expert.
• Jeremy Knibbs, CEO and publisher of The Medical Republic & Wild Health.