The 'Tall Cop' Jermaine Galloway and social media expert Deputy Dave Gomez will educate attendees on the many facets of drug use and abuse through the many social media avenues.
Deputy Gomez will break down the ways that social media “normalizes” drug use and abuse.
Attendees will be able to:
1) Identify drug use in social media
2) Demonstrate drug normalization in social media
3) Recognize key terms and lingo, referencing drug use/glamorization
4) Identify images/pictures associated with drug use
5) Recognize the drug associations in social media and how to resolve them
Both Tall Cop and Deputy Gomez will be available for Q&A, so bring your questions!
The Tall Cop provides live webinars only, so there will be no recording. Also, he does not provide his PowerPoint slides.
This webinar is being offered by the Sherburne County Substance Use Prevention (SUP) Coalition with funding from the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP).
The SUP Coalition is a community organization comprised of youth, parents, county staff, school leaders, law enforcement, and community groups that are working together to reduce alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use among youth and, over time, among adults in Sherburne County. Learn more at www.sherburnesupcoalition.org.