The Social Institute + Forest Ridge Parent Webinar on Social Media, Tech, and Social-Emotional Health
Join us for a refreshing, practical, and eye-opening presentation about parenting in the digital age — featuring The Social Institute’s Founder and CEO, Laura Tierney.
Laura will share the latest updates and best practices to:
- Strengthen communications with your children through student-respected conversation starters about social media and technology.
- Empower students to navigate social-emotional health, social media, and technology during this uncertain time.
- Discuss concerns related to the pandemic, while learning insights shared by students and researchers.
- Develop shared family standards for balancing technology in healthy ways.
- Inspire everyday use of important lessons that 5th-12th grade students will learn during Advisory.
We look forward to your participation in this dynamic and informative session!
About The Social Institute
The Social Institute partners with schools nationwide to empower students, parents and educators to navigate social-emotional health, social media, and technology positively through comprehensive, gamified lessons that meet students on their level. By reinforcing character strengths like empathy, integrity, and teamwork and by showcasing their role models (from parents to U.S. Olympians), we help students be their best selves to “win at social” — social interactions and social media. As digital natives and parents ourselves, we bridge the needs of students and parents. Our partners include Ravenscroft School, Gaston Day School, Gilman School, Woodward Academy, U.S. Olympic athletes, Duke Men’s Basketball, ESPN, and other forward-thinking institutions around the nation.