In this workshop, we explore:
- What a method is, how they are defined and how they are invoked
- Variable scope in method definitions - from where are variables created in methods accessible?
- The difference between arguments and parameters, and how to create default parameters
- Method return values, including both implicit and explicit returns
- The two different syntaxes for invoking methods - method(obj) vs. obj.method
- What a block is in relation to method invocations
- Variable scope in relation to method invocation blocks
This webinar is free and open to all. While not too much prior programming experience is required, to get the most out of this session check out Launch School's free preparatory course RB100 (launchschool.com).