The COVID-19 pandemic brought unprecedented disruption to the global M&A market. To usher existing agreements to successful completion and seize opportunities in today’s – and tomorrow’s – market, sellers and buyers alike need to carefully calibrate their deal terms, learning lessons from the past year.
In this webinar, our experts take a closer look at recent developments and trends in private M&A in the US and Europe, including techniques for bridging valuation gaps and protecting value, strategies for risk management and deal certainty, and navigating regulatory issues surrounding M&A deals.
Discussion points :
• Market dynamics: What are the hot sectors and investment trends?
• Trends and challenges in the deal process: What is the impact of the sanitary situation on due diligence and deal preparation?
• Hot topics in M&A techniques: What mechanisms to protect value and mitigate risk i.e. purchase price mechanics, MAE and other conditions, R&W language interim period covenants?
• Regulatory issues in cross-border M&A: What role for foreign investment screening and antitrust scrutiny?
• Federico G.M. Mennella, CFA, Managing Director, Rothschild & Co
• Nicolas Lafont, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery AARPI, Paris
• Jim Rosener, Partner, Troutman Pepper, NYC
• Adrianne Shapira, Managing Director - Brands, Eurazeo