Attorney Trent Bausch will discuss, Opposing Counsel Really Can Be Friends:
• Section 3-501.7 (a)(2) of the Nebraska Rules of Professional Conduct;
• ABA Standing Committee's Formal Opinion 494;
• Inherent tension between advocacy and collegiality;
• Reflections on the NSBA 50 and 25 year member survey; and
• The case for friendship.
Attorney Rick Jeffries will discuss, Your Lawyer Wears Bunny Slippers; Questions You Should Ask Your Remote Outside Counsel:
• How the "remote practice of law" has changed legal ethics;
• How law firms, and the secrets they must keep, may be vulnerable in a socially distanced world;
• Strategies for managing the risks of remote lawyers and their data.