All sessions free for SFI Network members; £10 per head for non-members. For our efforts to work well in protecting children and adults from harm, organisational culture is one of the key aspects of safeguarding that must be right. This event will explore the outlines of a good safeguarding culture and prompt reflection on how well this works within your place of worship.
· The rationale for safeguarding and why it is everybody’s business;
· What is meant by a safeguarding culture;
· How does a good culture start, and what is the journey to achieving it;
· The importance of being outward-facing;
· A high vs. a low-reporting culture and;
· How do we better understand and monitor the culture in our place of worship.