As part of the APCCA webinar series, the Malaysian Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) and the SCCA bring insights into the COVID-19 pandemic in Malaysia.
• Delivering the message that where there is Hope, there is Life
• Gauging the response from general counsel and corporations on the urgency and importance of a Covid-19 Bill
• Discussing what a Covid-19 Bill should contain and address
• Understanding the practical issues in respect of contractual and debt restructuring matters
• Highlighting the various tax concerns arising from corporate and debt restructuring
• Sharing the strategies to address the practical and tax concerns that general counsel may face as result of the business reorganization that takes place after the MCO
• MCCA President welcomes the participants. In a nutshell, it is not all gloomy about Covid-19 as it has the best amongst Malaysia- togetherness in fighting the pandemic. The speakers today themselves were COVID-19 patients. Yet, they and us have persevered and adapting to the new norm, which is to work from home.
• The panel will discuss areas which are important for businesses post MCO, namely:
(i) There has been a calling for an urgent enactment of a Covid-19 Act in Malaysia.
(ii) Addressing the effect of a Covid-19 Bill on Force Majeure and Corporate & Debt Restructuring
(iii) Tax concerns arising from MCO and Corporate & Debt restructuring