You are invited to a WBU-ICEVI webinar on Wednesday 29 July at 8.00AM-09:30 AM EST (12.00 GMT) on "Promoting Inclusive Education in the time of COVID-19". This will be an opportunity to discuss the (IDA) Inclusive Education Global Report and UNESCO’s 2020 Global Education Monitoring Report (GEM Report): Relevance and Perspectives for the Education of Learners with Visual Impairments - Advocacy Tools and Best Practice.
When: July Wednesday 29 at 8AM-09:30 AM EST (12.00 GMT)
- Moderator: Dr. M.N.G. Mani, the ICEVI Chief Executive Officer
1. Opening remarks: WBU President Dr. Fredric K Schroeder and ICEVI President Dr. Frances Gentle - 5 mins each
2. Overview of IDA Inclusive Education Global Report
Presenter: Dr Praveena Sukhraj-Ely, ICEVI First Vice President (15- 20 mins)
3. Linkages between the GEM Report and the IDA Global Report on Inclusive Education
Presenter: Ms Dorodi Sharma, Inclusive Development Officer, IDA – 10 mins
Q & A session 1: 15mins
4. COVID-19 Challenges on Education
Presenters:– Dr Bushan Punani, Regional President, ICEVI, West Asia and Cristina Sanz, Regional President, ICEVI Latin America – 10 mins each
Q&A session 2: 10 mins
5. Closing Remarks: Dr. M.N.G. Mani
* Real time * Closed captions in English will be provided.
* The webinar will be broadcast live on WBU Facebook
We hope to see you there!
Dr. Fredric K Schroeder, President, WBU
Dr. Frances Gentle, President, ICEVI